A 1-year-old boy was recently taken to the hospital after consuming a small amount of turpentine.

The boy was left outside of his home for a brief time and had access to a container of chemicals. When his caretakers found him he was breathing, but unconscious.

The Watsonville fire department was called to the scene, and Fire Captain Tom Avila said about the incident:

“The baby definitely did injest some turpentine. It didn’t appear to be too much.”

The boy regained consciousness in the hospital. So scary!

Advertisements